If you are moving out for the first time into a new house, you come to the stage where you have of clean your old home before moving out. You must get rid of all the unwanted things from your house and make it look spick and span. There would be an extra pressure of the task if you were staying in a rented house. So here is your guide on how to clean your home before moving out.
To begin with, make sure that you know what you need and what you don’t need for your new house. These are some useful tips for a smooth move so that you don’t end up moving the things that you don’t need. Once you know this, clean the rest of it keeping only the bare minimum. You can either throw it out or sell it at a cheap rate. This can give you some cash to buy necessities for your new house. This will also save you from extra packaging and relocating costs.
If you have hired removalists in Brisbane, make sure that you clean before they arrive to save time. To make cleaning comfortable and to avoid tripping, clean only after the boxes have been packed. Make sure that you have all the cleaning equipment such as the vacuum cleaner, and microfiber towels ready. Listen to your favorite playlist to make cleaning enjoyable.
Avoid such mistakes when you are moving with kids and pets like having them run around while you’re at your task. Keep them in a room with sufficient food and. Moreover, you can involve the kids with petty cleaning, so they feel involved and don’t distract you nor act fussy.
One of the most important things to have while moving out is a cleaning checklist. There are some checklists which are common and mandatory to every room, and some specific to each room.
- Start by removing the hardware from the walls and ceilings like the hooks and nails, and fill and paint the holes.
- If there are any vital repairs to be done such as the racks or electrical repairs, do so.
- Dust and vacuum the rooms thoroughly (pay extra attention to the window frames, electrical, furniture, built-in shelves, and cabinets). If the floor is of tile or wood, try to mop it as well
In addition to these general checklists which are mandatory for cleaning all the rooms, here are some lists which are to be taken care of for specific rooms.
Living room, library, and bedrooms:
- Clean the fireplace and the air vents
- Clear any carpet stains
- Clean the exhaust fan
- Clean the walls, racks, doors, toothbrush holders and soap dishes
- Clean the mirror and any glass surface
- Clean the floor and grouts
- Clean the exhaust fan
- Clean the appliances such as the refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave if you aren’t relocating them
- Clean the area around the stove, sink, and faucet
- Empty the trash
- Mop the floor
- Empty the garage
- Repair any damaged racks, permanent wall furniture, or electrical fixtures
- Vacuum the area
So these were the things to be included in your checklist to clean your home before moving out. If you have any difficult executing this process, then there are certain moving companies in Brisbane which specialize in the moving job. They provide not only relocate your items but also offer high quality padded packages and cartons for your items to keep your valuables safe. These furniture movers in Brisbane even provide furniture removal and packing solutions. So go ahead and make your hose moving stress-free.
Check our other blogs on removal tips: