Having a baby is one of the biggest joys that a mother experiences in her life. The miraculous phenomena of birth are indeed one of the things that extend physical boundaries and emotions. However, pregnancy is a phase in a woman’s life where she is in a fragile state and additional care is required to ensure that nothing goes wrong. Even after the child is born, it is extremely important to maintain a healthy living style. This also applies to the mental health of the mother and the baby.
Moving house during pregnancy, especially in a large city such as Brisbane can be really stressful for the mother as well as the baby. For this reason, utmost care should be taken. Although house removalists make things a lot easier, it is still hectic to move. To absolutely make sure that nothing goes out of the plan, there are several precautions that you can take and several things that you can do to make the removals much smoother.
Making A Plan
Planning things ahead makes for a much easier experience. Planning includes things like:
- With the baby coming in as well, it is important to understand what your budget situation is looking like. You don’t want to burden yourself with hefty bills during such a crucial time.
- Pick a moving date that does not cause any issues with the delivery date. If you are in the third trimester and you cannot ward off the removal till after the baby is born, make sure that you set a moving date after consulting your doctor.
- Make an inventory of everything that needs to be moved. The house movers will also find it easy to work if you have a clear idea of what you own. Make sure that you have emergency supplies as well.
Make Packing Easier
Most house movers will help you pack as well as unpack. They will also provide adequate packing supplies. However, if you want things done as quickly as possible, you can pack everything yourself so that the house removalists would only need to move things. While packing, make sure that you label the boxes so that unpacking becomes much easier. Also, do not pick up any heavy items while packing. Avoid dusty furniture and dirty items. Turn your inventory into a checklist as you keep ticking off items that you have packed.
If you are letting the house movers do the packing for you, you can supervise and tell them that you need things done a certain way. You can also rope in your family members and your spouse to help you with the packing and the unpacking. While doing all of this, make sure that you stay hydrated.
Long-distance House Removals
Interstate removals out of Brisbane can be even more burdensome for pregnant women. Although Brisbane is not notorious for its traffic, the long-distance trip can, in itself, be an issue. It is important to speak with your doctor before a long-distance removal. Make sure that you note everything that the doctor suggests. Stick to the advice and monitor yourself regularly. Ensure that you are in touch with a reliable doctor.
When moving long-distance, carry a bag with all the essentials with you. This would help once you reach the destination. You’ll have access to them along the journey as well as when you reach your new place. You won’t have to unpack as soon as you reach. During the trip, take breaks if possible and do not drive if you don’t have to.
Getting experienced house removalists in Brisbane for long-distance removals is pretty easy. Find a trusty company that can help you move without any hassles. That way, you wouldn’t need to worry about damage to your items in transit. Also, experienced movers can do the job quickly and at a moderate price.
Once the removalists arrive and start doing their job, it is important for you to:
- Make sure you get a good night’s sleep before the moving day.
- Keep out of the way and choose a safe place where you can monitor and see what they are doing. The removalists will be using specialized tools if you have heavy furniture so stay clear of that in case you get injured.
- Avoid dusty and noisy rooms where the house movers are shifting and moving stuff. As aforementioned, keep a safe distance.
- Wear comfortable clothes, especially during the summers. It is easy to get dehydrated and that can be very dangerous during pregnancy. Make sure that you replenish your body fluids regularly. Also, avoid direct sunlight and heavy lifting. Stay in an air-conditioned place while the house movers do their work.
- Check your vitals before the trip.
- During the trip, take frequent bathroom breaks. If you feel even a little bit uncomfortable or distressed, speak with a doctor or tell your co-passengers.
- Once you reach your new place, you don’t have to start unpacking immediately. If you have hired house removalists to do the unpacking, just tell them what needs to be done.
- Ask your partner to do the heavy lifting and the unpacking. You can obviously keep a close look at things.
- Ensure that you take your prescribed medications all along the planning and the moving stages.
- Take things slow after you reach your new place. There is no need to rush things and take the stress.
- Ensure that you take a nap after you reach. Your sleep cycle is crucial for your health as well as the baby’s.
Talk To The House Removalists
Lastly, it is also important to let the removalists know about your pregnancy. They will take proper precautions and measures to ensure that the entire process does not unsettle you or affect your health. As aforementioned, you’ll easily find friendly and understanding house movers in Brisbane. They can also tell you how to take care of yourself during the move as they are experienced and often deal with such clients.