Relocating to a new house with interstate removalists has its advantages. For long-distance removals, hiring professionals is the right choice. Now, that you have hired the interstate movers to do the job, what exactly are the next steps?
We are here to discuss exactly that – and more. We will dive deep into how you can move with interstate movers easily and what you can expect from them. Let’s begin.
How do I move interstate in Australia?
To make things simpler for you, let’s start from the very beginning. Moving interstate in Australia is challenging. To get an idea of the problem at hand, let’s look at the distance between two major cities. Perth in WA is all the way on the other side of the country from Sydney. The distance between these two is around 3,900 kilometres. Of course, interstate or intercity removals do not always involve such a large distance. Canberra to Sydney, for example, is a more convenient transit.
However, moving interstate on your own is never a good idea. Here are some reasons why you require interstate removalists to help you out:
- Services like 2 men and a truck are very convenient and can make the moving stress-free for you.
- Moving companies deal with interstate removals on a frequent basis. Therefore, they know exactly how to move houses quickly and efficiently.
- Professional movers in places like Brisbane and Sydney have the resources to maximise output and to save time.
- Finally, safe interstate removals are always the ideal scenario. Professionals ensure that your house is relocated safely.
Choosing the best interstate removalists in Australia
To choose a good interstate removals company, certain factors should always be considered. We will take a quick look at all of them.
Experience in interstate movers especially in Brisbane, Sydney, and other major urban settlements is a great quality. Seasoned professionals can be trusted easily with their services and their ability to ensure the safety of your belongings.
Interstate removal is a vast domain. Many sub-services constitute what we call interstate removals. The best movers offer a comprehensive solution to your requirements. Ensure that you take a good look at the services that the removalists offer.
Pricing is another important factor, if not the most important one. Make sure that you choose a professional company that offers good prices for their services. Educate yourself about the standard prices beforehand.
Finally, one of the most crucial things is the quality of service that the removalists offer. You can get a good idea about this by reading online reviews and by getting referrals from people who have moved recently.
How do I prepare for an interstate move?
Make a plan
Now that you have the interstate movers that you need, it is time to start preparing for the move. Start things off by creating a rough draft of how the entire process will unfold. Write down all the necessary steps that you need to fulfil before the day of the move. Mark down the important dates on your calendar and make sure that you make yourself available on those dates.
Get your finances in order
Moving is not the only expense coming your way. There is just too much to take care of and everything comes with a price tag. From hiring the movers to transferring your utilities, from applying for an address change to buying new stuff for your new house – you need to monitor your expenses. The best way to do this is to make a budget. Make sure that you double check everything. Every action that you make should be in harmony with your budget.
Pay attention to your kids and pets
Moving is a stressful thing. You, as an adult, are more likely to deal with it in a healthy manner. However, those dependent on you, like your kids and your pets may find this experience overwhelming. Make sure that your pets and your kids are taken care of when the moving day arrives. Act positively around them and talk them through the process. On the day of the move, there should be someone reliable taking care of them while you deal with the move.
Once everything is loaded and on its way, you can also begin your journey to your new house. Make sure that you are well stocked for the trip. Buy essentials beforehand and keep a first aid kit with you.
Another important thing that must be taken into consideration are the general services that you get from the state. Stuff like electricity, gas, and water connections must be transferred to your new house. Interstate removalists who are professional can help you with this. They can tell you what to do. Otherwise, you can talk to someone who has moved before and ask them how to complete the ‘red tape’ stuff.
Expect the following from your interstate removalists
Here are some things that you get when you move interstate with professional movers:
- They will take care of packing and unpacking your belongings. They have all the right resources to pack, load, and move different types of items. For example, heavy couches will be covered with furniture blankets and your refrigerator will be tied with ropes to ensure that the door doesn’t open. These specific things fall under the scope of the service that the interstate movers provide.
- Secondly, interstate movers can also help you with the preparations for the move. Everything we discussed above can be made easier if you have your movers helping you out.
- Thirdly, your removalists can also help you downsize and declutter your house. This will help you move more easily and will also lighten the burden on the movers themselves.
- Fourthly, interstate movers have a wide range of moving vans that they use on the job. They will employ the most appropriate ones for your house relocation. They try to maximise efficiency by using the right sized vehicles for your move.